Crosspoint Bible Institute(CBI) is a school established to facilitate the Great Commission of making disciples for Jesus Christ. It is a second phase of an in-church equipping system for church members, aims at bridging new believers from faith consolidation to leadership training.
Distinctive Features of CBI: Crosspoint Bible Institute
- Christ centered: the goal of CBI is to help members to grow in Christ
- Church based: students can learn together within the church community in accordance with the Crosspoint values
- Bible oriented: all courses are taught with strong biblical foundation
- Discipleship related: CBI cooperates with the church discipleship system to enhance believers’ spiritual growth
- Systematic: a structured program designed for bridging into the CIOML equipping system, students will have a path of progress
- Flexible: All courses are offered regularly with online learning and class setting integration. Online teaching will be heavily emphasized in order to make the course open to more students. Students can control his or her own time and pace of learning.
- Multi-dimensional: besides studying the Bible, there are other courses to equip believers to become disciples of Jesus
- Connectivity: students of CBI, upon completion of designated courses, can start taking courses at ADVANCE, Gateway Seminary’s local equipping center. All credits can be transferred to Gateway Seminary towards an accredited seminary granted diploma.
- Chinese Context: CBI will first focus on Cantonese classes with plans to expand to Mandarin and English-speaking Chinese, targeting congregants with similar cultural background.
- The Objective
CBI seeks to:
- Build up the whole Body to become spiritually matured and discerning, becoming more and more Christ-like in all aspects, holding to God’s truth and loving as He loves;
- Collaborate with the discipleship system of the Church in developing true disciples of Christ;
- Affirm the Lordship of Jesus Christ wherein we not only find our connection with one another but reflect Him and let Him control every aspect of what we do;
- Cultivate an aspiration of the word of God by teaching books of the bible at different levels;
- Communicate basic truths each Christian should know facing today’s ever-changing and distorting world views;
- Provide a foundation for members pursuing the CIOML training to become more matured disciples of Christ and servant-leaders at Crosspoint.
Certificate of Basic Christian Studies Program
With the establishment of CIOML, CBI will offer a Certificate of Basic Christian Studies(CBCS) to those who have completed the required courses. There are two kinds of courses available in the CBI, offered regularly in cycles. A student must complete a total of 12 courses(6 biblical courses and 6 foundation courses) to receive the certificate. Those who have received the CBCS can continue to take bible courses offered or start take courses in the CIOML.
– Biblical Courses: to strengthen one’s biblical knowledge.
– Foundation Courses: to provide basic foundation to empower one to serve in Crosspoint ministries.
General Course Structure
CBI operates on a quarter system (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer). All regularly offered courses are not fixed to credit hours but depends on the contents to be delivered, ranging from 1 hour to 6 hours. Courses are designed to be conducted either through online setting, designed to be 1 to 1.5 -hour course, spanning the most 6 weeks.
- The four quarters are:
- Fall: October to December
- Winter: January to March
- Spring: April to June
- Summer: July to September
- Attendance of the online meeting is generally required. Occasional excused absence is accommodated by recordings on the online meeting.
- All regular courses initially offered will have Cantonese as the instructional language.
- Written assignments, quizzes, and ministry practices can be completed in Chinese or English.
There is basically no requirement of admission. Each person, after his or her first registration of a course under the CBI, would have entered the CBCS system and he/she will receive the CBCS once all required courses are completed and verified.
Course Fee and Tuition
As CBI is an in-house training center for its members or frequent attendees(we name these two groups of people “Crosspointers”) , we do not intend to require tuition at this point. For non-Crosspointers, we may require a nominal fee to cover each course’ administration and speaker fees. As some courses may be taught by outside speakers, fee may vary.