- This event has passed.
Parent Seminar on Peer & Social Pressures faced by Postmodern Youth
Jul 18, 2020 @ 5:30 am - 7:30 am
When: Saturday, July 18 at 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Venue: Parent Seminar by zoom (the link and password is below) designed for parents who have kids ranging from 10-20 years old.
Topic: Come learn about the current social pressures and stressors placed on youth. Learn how peers and social climate influence the behaviors and values of teens today and how to better understand and communicate contextually to your youth.
It will answer questions like:
– What are the major life stressors of teens?
– What should I know to communicate contextually?
– Why do youth believe faith and religion is not relevant to them?
– How are the friends and peers of my youth influencing them?
– What about my myself can I change to better understand and communicate with my teen?
– How is society shaping youth.
Speaker: Dr. Paul Kelly is Chair of Educational Leadership at Gateway Seminary where he teaches a variety of courses on youth ministry and Christian education. He is also the senior editor of the Journal of Youth Ministry, a peer-reviewed journal, publishing research on youth. Kelly has published a number of articles, bible studies, devotionals, and courses for youth and adults. He also serves on the Board of the Association of Youth Ministry Educators and is a member of the International Association for the Study of Youth Ministry.