Belong to a Local Body of Christ – Crosspoint Church
You have been coming to Crosspoint Church. Perhaps you have involved in one of our Life groups and helped with voluntary service. Now it is about time to consider joining us as a member.
Does church membership really necessary? Here are just a few reasons why church membership matters.
- In joining a local church you make visible your commitment to Christ and his people.
Membership is one way to make a statement before God and others that you are part of this local body of believers. It’s easy to talk in glowing terms about an invisible universal church, but it’s in the visible church that God expects you to live out your faith.
- Making a commitment makes a powerful statement in a low-commitment culture.
Joining a church in a low-commitment society makes a counter-cultural statement. It says “I am committed to this group of people and they are committed to me. I am here to give, more than get.”
- We need proof of membership to connect with the secular world.
We are already the kingdom citizen, but not yet physically. Living on earth, the church is regarded as an organization governed by company rules. Our membership meeting is a legal assembly to satisfy the government’s requirement to exist as a non-profit organization. The government will only recognize legitimate membership to perceive the numeric strength of a local church.
- Church membership keeps us accountable.
When we join a church we are offering ourselves to one another to be encouraged, rebuked, corrected, and served. We are placing ourselves under leaders and submitting to their authority(Hebrews 13:7). We are saying, “I am here to stay. I want to help you grow in godliness. Will you help me to do the same?”
- Joining the church gives you an opportunity to make promises.
When someone become a member at Crosspoint Church, he or she makes solemn promises to pray, give, serve, attend worship, accept the spiritual guidance of the church, obey its teachings, and seek the things that make for unity, purity, and peace. If you don’t join the church, you miss an opportunity to publicly make these promises, inviting the elders and the rest of the body to hold you to these promises-which would be missing out on great spiritual benefit, for you, your leaders, and the whole church.
What are the requirements of becoming a member of Crosspoint Church?
- Must be a born-again Christian (You are sure of your redemption through Jesus Christ)
- Submitted a salvation testimony (You tell us your salvation experience)
- Active Participation in Small Group life for at least 3 months (You have found your community of believers before your officially join them)
- Completed Gear-up 1, New Believer’s Class or exempted by Zone Pastor if the person was a former member of a church. (You learn the basic truths of being a new born Christian)
- Completed Class 101. (You know about the basic truths of being a Crosspoint member)
- Completed Membership Application Form, including the signed Membership Covenant Pass (You indicate your willingness to join Crosspoint Church)
- Passed oral interview by Zone Pastor (You share your intention and understanding by communicating with our pastor)
- Receiving Baptism(for those who have not received Baptism by immersion) ; OR
- Submitting evidence of baptism and/or church membership from another church if such is needed. (You publicly proclaim that you belong to Christ and also to this local body of Christ)
Please contact your Zone Pastor for more information.
Drop us a line