A New Family
1. Christ is our Pioneer of Salvation: He gives us a new family.
10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered.
Hebrews 2: 10 (NIV)
2. Christ is our Brother of Holiness: He gives us a new identity.
11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.
Hebrews 2: 11 (NIV)
We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.
Hebrews 2:1 (NIV)
1. How does God welcome us into His family impact us? What does it mean to you that we belong in the same family?
2. What changes do you need to make in your life knowing that Christ is now your brother?
3. Christ humbles Himself to call us brothers. Will we humble ourselves to serve those who are difficult and those who don’t like us and don’t deserve it?