Fully Known and Loved
A warm relationship with the parents, especially the father, is the most important part of passing on faith.
I. The Father approves of us.
And behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” Matthew 3:17
II. The Father forgives and forgets.
“I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.” Jeremiah 31:34
III. The Father calls us sons, not slaves.
So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. Galatians 4:7
1. What kind of relationship do you have with your father?
2. What did the younger son have to do to be welcomed back by the father?
3. Do you believe God has forgiven and forgotten your sin?
4. Which son do you have more in common with and why? The older self-righteous works based son or the younger son who indulged in sin.
5. Do you struggle with pornography? Who is someone you can confess that sin to today?
6. Look at the chart below. Do you view your relationship with God more as being a slave or a son/ daughter?
7. What is one way you can show your appreciation to your father today?