Learning to Listen “Speak Lord, for Your Servant is Listening”
I. Be still.
Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10
-How does God speak to us?
A. The Word of God
II. Be willing.
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:41
III. Be ready.
Anyone who wants to serve Me must follow Me, because My servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves Me. John 12:26
1. How much time do you spend on a screen every day? How much time do you think we should spend?
2. How does Samuel’s story of listening to God’s voice encourage and challenge you?
3. Do you find yourself talking or listening more in your prayer life?
4. Which way does God speak to you the most? (Bible, prayer, people, circumstances)
5. Say Samuel’s prayer “Speak Lord, for Your servant is listening” and wait for God to speak to you.
6. What time of the day can you start being still before God with no distractions?
7. Are you willing and ready to do whatever God asks you to do?