Missions Month Sermon 3
RU Going or RU Sent?
Dr. Mike Stewart
Are you going or are you sent?
Imagine: No Jesus, no peace, no hope!
Five Unreached People Groups in the Bay Area
- Afghans: Fremont holds the largest Afghan population in the US; 99% Muslim population; made up of many ethnic and tribal
- people groups
- Hindus: 42,000+ Hindi speakers in Santa Clara County; Hinduism encompasses a variety of multi-god beliefs and practices; many in tech fields and speak English
- Sikhs: Est. 30,000 in Bay Area; most turban-wearing men in CA are Sikhs and often mistaken for Muslim; they worship in gurdwaras, which always include a free community kitchen
- called a langar
- Uyghur Muslims: from Xinjiang, a province in China; their language, culture and religion are being systematically abolished by the Chinese government; unknown number in US, most live in fear and keep a low profile
- Nepalese: 22,000+ in Bay Area; 81% Hindu, 9% Buddhist, 4% Muslim; many come to the US to flee civil war and recent devastating earthquakes in Nepal (3.5 million made homeless)
Who is Christ Sending?
- All persons whoever believe across all of time
- Jesus is praying for each believer
- No professional and amateur ranks in the church
- Core function of church leadership is to equip others. “Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do His work.” (Eph. 4:12)
- Christ prays for us to know our life purpose
What empowers us to be sent? 7 Providential gifts
- The Joy of Jesus v. 13 Romans 5:2
- The Word of God v.14
- Protection from the evil one v. 15
- New passport that crosses all borders v. 16
- Spiritual growth via biblical teaching v. 17
- Christ’s Commission v. 18
- Christ’s Holy Sacrifice v. 19
What is the Result of Being Sent?
- Unity of purpose
- Unity of heart and passion
- That the World might believe
- God is still working this plan
- Surrender control of where you are going and rejoice in where God will send you!
Future GCA Ministry Teams
- UPG Leader Team
- Support Team
- Prayer Team
- Ministry Team