Who can see God?
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
Matthew 5:8 (NIV)
1. What is Jesus speaking of when he refers to the “heart”?
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21 (NIV)
2. What is Jesus speaking of when he refers to “pure in heart”?
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
Matthew 22:37 (NIV)
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
James 4:7-8 (ESV)
1. Have you ever had your heart cleansed?
2. Are you walking in purity before the Lord?
3. What is it in your life that is keeping you from a deeper more intimate relationship with God?